Thursday, December 30, 2010

Samsung Galaxy S - NO Gingerbread

ON-Line Tech Support Chat Session with Samsung

28 December 2010

Forward: It seems that there are no plans for Samsung to release Android 2.2x any time soon, contrary to their promises.




You are now chatting with 'Spencer'

Spencer: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Leisa N...: I've sent three of these happy little email request forms to Samsung, I was just bumped of the live chat with you---"-Spencer" --- I just want to know---when will I get Gingerbread??????????

Leisa N...: I have a Gallaxy S--SGH-1897, I'm sure you need this info, right?

Leisa N...: U still there Spen?

Spencer: I understand, I should inform you that there is no Gingerbread update being released for SGH-i897.

Spencer: Yes, I am with you.

Spencer: I apologize for the delay in response.

Leisa N...: I just bought this phone from ATT 3 months ago. Why wouldn't it get the push?

Spencer: However, I should inform you that the Froyo is going to release for SGH.i897

Leisa N...: I need to understand is this a Samsung decision or a ATT decision?

Spencer: It is Samsung's decision, Samsung is going to release it.

Leisa N...: Froyo is 2.21?

Spencer: Yes.

Leisa N...: So I'm running 2.1 and can only expect this phone to receive the 2.21 upgrade, never Gingerbread, is this correct?

Spencer: Yes, but after receiving 2.2 you may receive 2.3.

Leisa N...: Last question, when will I get Froyo?

Spencer: We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.

Spencer: Should this become available, it will be posted on our website in the Samsung Download Center.

Leisa N...: This is maddening to all the Android devotees who were sold the concept of open platform, timely revision releases, and all that happy stuff.
Spencer: I understand your concern, however I should inform you that Samsung is working on enhancements to the Galaxy Model phones for which it is being delayed.

Leisa N...: Thanks alot, and get a real job.


////end

1 comment: